Vision, Mission, and Objective
The vision of the Bachelor Program in History is to become an independent, innovative, pioneering program in humanities, especially in the field of urban history at the national and international levels in accordance with religious moral values, and to be a program that is responsive and adaptive towards the rapid development of society.
- Creating conducive academic atmosphere with technology-based learning method to support students in study in accordance with academic ethics values.
- Developing history as a science oriented to strengthening ‘urban historical and cultural studies in society in the forms of research, joint conference, student/staff exchange with similar courses/relevant studies, and others.
- Conducting researches related to urban history and culture at national and international levels.
- Diversifying historical research results to society to improve the awareness of society on
- Increasing self-reliance in the implementation of Three Pillars of Indonesian Higher Education (Tri Dharma Perguruan Tinggi) through institutional development oriented on quality and ability for global competition.
The objective of the Bachelor Program in History Department of History Faculty of Humanities Universitas Airlangga is to produce qualified graduates with religious moral values who are able to develop humanities, arts, and cultures as well as to compete in national and international markets. In other words, the program aims to produce graduates who;
- Have a high national integrity with the spirits of Pancasila.
- Master the basics of science and knowledge along with methodology in order to find, understand, explain, and solve problems through planning, implementation, and evaluation activities.
- Have an ability to design innovative researches encouraging the development of humanities and cultural arts.
- Have an ability to apply knowledge and technology to develop art and culture through community outreach programs.